So, yes, we’re probably evacuating this weekend in advance of Gustav. Final decision will come tomorrow, since the models are so iffy about which state it’s actually going to hit (several models were leaning more towards Texas today). But we’ve got to prepare nonetheless, because (as we learned full well 3 years ago with Katrina) when you get the signal to GO GO GO, there’s no time to pull things together. Lord knows that last time I left behind more than 1 item I would have taken had I had the time to think about it, and unfortunately, some of those things are permanently lost to me as a result.

Anyway… we’re battening down the hatches and will head for my aunt’s if need be. Further bulletins as time and events warrant.

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on TumblrPin on PinterestShare on Google+
Tagged with:
 

Comments are closed.